Listen To This Post
Erewhon — an upscale organic grocery concept with eight locations throughout Los Angeles — is gearing up to open its ninth locale at 475 S Lake Ave, Pasadena, CA 91101, according to a recently-filed California liquor license.
The incoming opening of Erewhon’s Pasadena location has been in the works for quite some time, with reports about the project circulating heavily back in 2021. One such story estimated the project finishing in 2023.
The Lake Avenue address that will soon become Erewhon was once the site of a Borders Bookstore and has sat empty for over a decade.
Now, the building will boast:
- An outdoor, common area
- Curated landscaping
- An accessible rooftop
- Patios surrounding the building for shoppers to eat and hangout
- A four-level elevator that goes from the basement all the way to the roof deck
- Brella — a new model of app-enabled child care center that offers full-time, flexible, and on-demand infant care and preschool, along with parent education classes and family events
- A specialty medical and wellness tenant for the final portion of the second floor of the building
- And a built-out wine storage facility for residents in the basement space of the building