Twisted by Wetzel’s — an emerging and innovative off-shoot of the long-lauded Wetzel’s Pretzels — will open its second SoCal outpost this fall at 4757 Firestone Boulevard in South Gate (the Azalea Shopping Center), according to intel obtained by What Now Los Angeles.
The burgeoning street concept will take Wetzel’s fun-loving brand and timeless menu and elevate it to a whole new level, offering invigorated creations like:
- Twistz (Pizza Bomb, Wetz Coast Club, or Triple Grilled Cheese)
- Dogz (Wetz Coast Classic, Sriracha Soul, and Everything Bacon)
- Loaded Bitz (Wetzel’s riff on loaded fries)
- Topped Pretz (Wetzel’s traditional full-sized pretzels topped with surprising flavors),
- Pretzel Chimney Cakes (Wetzel’s famous pretzel dough, rolled in sugar crystals and filled with creamy soft serve)
- Dipz (Craveable dips including Wetz Cheese, Spicy Queso, Buttermilk Ranch, House Marinara, Baja Sauce, and Dulce de Leche)
- Soft Serve (Cookies and Cream, Rainbow Crunch, Chocolate Brownie, and Caramel Chocolate Crunch)
- House-made and frozen drinks (refreshing lemonades, floats, Mangonadas, and more).
As for how exactly Twisted will differ from the traditional Wetzel’s model, the spin-off is meant to maintain Wetzel’s high standards of both quality and customer service while presenting as bigger, bolder, and more imaginative.
What’s more, each Twisted outpost will be interactive and engaging, aptly located in convenient neighborhood spaces so as to keep with the company’s longtime promise to “bring pretzels to the people.”
Twisted by Wetzel’s first installment, a company-owned outpost, debuted in La Habra earlier this year to much acclaim. “The anticipation had fans waiting nearly two hours for a first taste!” explains a rep for the company.
Moving forward, the company hopes to grow the chain through franchising opportunities.